Flower Facial Steam
A steam is a quick and easy way to clean facial skin when you don’t have time to make it to your outdoor sauna in your woods. Wouldn’t that be nice… but really a facial steam is an ancient and incredibly effective way to coax out impurities. Of course we have to mention the aspect of self-care and slowly deep breathing & meditating for ten minutes. Sounds like a win-win to me!
The benefits of using steam to promote healthy skin and general well-being go back centuries across different cultures. The gentle warmth and humidity dilate blood vessels which increases the flow of oxygen, improves circulation & revitalizes cellular health. This also causes pores to open up and breathe which promotes the release of toxins.
To create your facial steam at home, you can use fresh or dried flowers and herbs. A few drops of essential oils of your choice are also acceptable if they are safe for inhalation. You can also choose certain herbs to target respiratory congestion while deep breathing.
Great flowers & herbs to use in your facial steam: lavender, chamomile, calendula, mint, lemon balm, yarrow, plantain, pine needle, juniper berry, rose, fireweed.
- Boil 4 cups of water
- Mix in fresh or dried flowers & herbs to a medium size glass bowl placed on a trivet on your table, then pour the water over top and cover with a lid to let steep for 5 minutes.
- Sit down with the bowl in front of you and cover your head with a large towel, creating a kind of tent above the bowl.
- If the temperature is comfortable, let the volatile plant oils make their way to your face, careful not to have too hot of steam close to your face. Close your eyes and relax, deep breath for 5-10 minutes. This is a great time to meditate, pray, set intentions, or just truly relax.
- When you are finished, gently pat your face dry with a clean “Farm Yarn Creations” cottage cloth from our store
- Apply our 'Rejuvenate Face Serum' and feel oh so refreshed! Be proud you spent a few minutes on your self-care in a natural & herbal way.
Enjoy your flower facial steam!