Prairie Soap Shack was created with the desire to create 100% natural and safe body products while using ingredients our land has to offer. Our lives seem to get busier and busier nowadays and with all the different information out there, it’s hard to know what is healthy and if we are making the right choices for ourselves and family. Prairie Soap Shack keeps life simple. Making soap, balms, & salves with the same techniques as thousands of years ago. We use high quality oils, botanicals & essential oils to make our products so not only are our recipes free from synthetic & harmful chemical additives, they are healthy for you too! Using passed down knowledge, reference books and guides we use local and handpicked wildflowers, plants, herbs, & resin to create beautiful and useful products. Each product tells a story and connects you with nature.
I am a mother of two little boys and a wife to my best friend. My family is everything to me. We have a grain farm in Central Alberta but my husband also works in the oilfield for the Winters and I work casual in Homecare as a Licensed Practical Nurse. Nurturing and healing are in my nature. I am an eager Prairie herbalist who is continually learning. I enjoy travel, coffee & tea, all things homemade, fermenting, rural life, canoeing, the Beatles & yoga.
where to find us
Stockist Locations in Alberta, Canada
- Laurie's Vintage Creations & Home Decor in Viking, Alberta
The Rusty Daisy Gift Co. in Daysland, Alberta
Lilac & Lace in Innisfail
Rural Root Collective in Killam
- Jody's Pantry in Sedgewick
- Home Hardware in Killam (Our Bulk Laundry Soap Only)
where we will be
- Flagstaff Fresh Market September 24/20 & October 8/20 4:30-8:30pm on Sedgewick Mainstreet
- Instagram & Facebook & Pintrest
We are conscious of using environmentally friendly packaging on our products. Our soaps are wrapped in recyclable paper or cardboard. Our bath teas & balms use glass jars or cardboard tubes. We offer $5 off a product if you return the glass jar to us to be refilled. We all need to do our part in saving the environment and reducing our plastic waste.
- Certificate from the Herbal Academy on Introductory Herbal Studies
- Botanical Skin Care Course from the Herbal Academy
- Foraging Course from the Herbal Academy
- Currently enrolled in Intermediate Herbal Studies with the Herbal Academy
- Diploma for Licensed Practical Nurse