Our goal is to reconnect people with nature and increase awareness of local plant life and how we can comfortably incorporate it into our everyday lives. We care deeply about natural skin care + living, minimalism + traditional practices. Our products are zero-waste with only recyclable packaging, with one bar of soap being able to replace many bottles in your shower. We care what we use on and in our bodies and strive to create healthy + toxin-free products for you and your family. We hope to help evoke an appetite for this lifestyle, a deeper awareness and appreciation for nature and the threads that connect us all within it.
We make soap, balms + salves with the same techniques as thousands of years ago. We only use the highest quality oils and ensure our products are free from synthetic fragrances and artificial colours. We source local ingredients and are often outside wildcrafting plants, herbs and resin or growing herbs in our organic garden to create beautiful, useful + unique products. Using passed down knowledge, reference books and herbalism training, we turn ancient practices into our modern way of life. We hope to inspire you to get in touch with nature and live more mindful, conscious, healthy and happy!
A little more about us… we have been married for twelve years and have two little adventurous boys. We grain farm in Central Alberta, Canada on our generational family farm. Interests are travel and culture, bushcraft, all things handmade, fermenting, rural life, gardening, country cooking, canoeing, the Beatles + yoga.
Much inspiration comes from long talks with my mom and lessons learned from my grandmother.
Thanks for being here,
where to find us
Stockist Locations in Canada
Twig Design Boutique in Camrose, Alberta
Sweet Home on Main in Stettler, Alberta
Local Roots Floral & Design in Wetaskiwin, Alberta
- DNA Gardens Farm Store in Elnora, Alberta
The Rusty Daisy Gift Co. in Daysland, Alberta
Rural Root Collective in Killam (located inside Status Hair Salon)
- Sweet Capones in Lacombe, Alberta
- Wanderlust Boutique & General Store in Drumheller, Alberta
- Salo Hair, Riverbend, Edmonton
- Ysebaert Acres Mercantile in Courtright, Ontario
where we will be
- Instagram & Facebook & Pinterest
- Love Local- Makers Market at the Foundry on Whyte Ave, Edmonton July 16/22
- Wanderlust Boutique outdoor market in Drumheller July 23/22
- DNA Gardens "Saskatoon Days" in Elnora, AB July 23-24/22
- Gathering of the Clans Sedgewick, AB August 20/22
- Flagstaff Fresh Market Sedgewick, AB August 25/22
We are conscious of using environmentally friendly packaging on our products. Our soaps are wrapped in recyclable paper or cardboard. Our bath teas & balms use glass jars or cardboard tubes. We all need to do our part in saving the environment and reducing our plastic waste. Our products are all palm oil free.
- Certificate from the Herbal Academy on Introductory and Intermediate Herbal Studies
- Botanical Skin Care Course from the Herbal Academy
- Foraging Course from the Herbal Academy
- Diploma for Licensed Practical Nurse & 15 years Homecare experience
- Published columnist for Trailblaz.her Magazine
- Published writer for article in Prairie Living Magazine
- Finalist with Canada Post Tales of Triumph contest 2021
- Finalist with the Made in Alberta Awards 2022
- Interviewed on "A Little Self Reliant" Podcast on 'foraging for beginners'